TERMS OF TRADE – GENERAL
• The Session Fee is required when making your booking. Bookings are not final until the Session Fee has been received with an arranged date (tentative date for newborn bookings) and location for your photo session.
• Dates will not be held without the Session Fee being paid.
• Sundays and public holidays are not available for any photo shoot appointments.
• The Session Fee does not include any prints, products or digital files. Prints, products and packages are purchased separately.
• Please note that there is a minimum spend of $500 on your order.
• Full or half payment is required when placing your order. No order will be processed without payment received. If you are paying half, at the time of order, the second half must be paid when you collect your order.
• Eftpos and credit card facilities are available. American Express and Diners Club cards are not accepted.
• Please choose your images wisely as no cooling off periods apply once you’ve paid for your order.
• Prices are subject to change and are not negotiable.
• All digital files supplied will be high-resolution JPEG files. RAW files are not given to anyone under any circumstances.
• All orders take approximately five to six weeks to be completed. Some orders may take a little longer as requests for additional retouching may cause a slight delay. Other orders may take less time.
• Re-shoots are determined at the discretion of the photographer and will not be given for poor choices of clothing, make-up, uncooperative children or pets, or by not following the recommendations of the photographer. This includes (but not limited to) crying, not smiling, uninterested in photos, not looking directly into the camera, etc.
• Packages must be collected from me at Engadine with an arranged date and time. Postage or courier delivery is not available.
• Outside cameras are strictly prohibited at portrait sessions. This includes photos you take on your phone however, ‘behind the scene’ photos are ok during photo shoots. Please ask first if you would like to take any photos on your electronic device.
• Reproduction of images, which are not purchased in your package, and without expressed consent from the photographer, is strictly prohibited. Scanning, screen capturing and printing of said images are all considered copyright infringement. Outside cameras are strictly prohibited at portrait sessions.
• While every care will be taken, Lorna van Hilst Photography limits itself to a full refund of monies paid for failure to complete the contract due to camera malfunction, operator error or unforeseen circumstances.
• Any requests for cancellations or reduction in order must be received in writing within 24 hours of placing the order and a will incur a mandatory cancellation fee of 25% of the total order amount.
• The digital files, which you receive with your purchased prints, will be in your possession. Lorna van Hilst Photography does not maintain a copy of your images, so please make additional copies and backup your images regularly.
• Lorna van Hilst Photography retains the copyright and ownership of all images, and has the right to make reproductions for commercial use and promotional purposes.
• The photographer is released from all claims and liability relating to these images.
• Permission will be granted for Lorna van Hilst Photography to use any photograph taken for promotional and advertising purposes and photo competitions. Permission will be granted for all minors to be involved in the session.
TERMS OF TRADE – NEWBORN SHOOT BOOKINGS
• The Session Fee for your newborn booking is not refundable for cancellations nor is it transferable to another date over one month from your baby’s due date.
• The Session Fee is not transferable to other sessions types i.e. Sitter Sessions or outdoor Family Sessions.
• Your newborn shoot will be scheduled on either a Monday or Friday in the morning. Weekend and afternoon/evening appointments are not available.
• Outside cameras are strictly prohibited during your newborn shoot. This includes photos you take on your phone however, ‘behind the scene’ photos are ok during photo shoots. Please ask before taking any photos on your electronic device.
TERMS OF TRADE – FAMILY SHOOT BOOKINGS
• I only travel to locations and homes in the Sutherland Shire and St George areas. If you’d like your outdoor photo shoot in another area, travel fees may apply.
• All outdoor shoots are booked on Saturday evenings at sunset time. In the week leading up to your shoot, I’ll keep my eye on the weather and if it looks like it will rain or even be overcast, you photo shoot will be rescheduled.
• For family, baby and pet portrait sessions, changes to dates need to be made with more than 72 hours notice and must be rebooked within one month of the original booking date.
• All children’s welfare is the responsibility of their parent or guardian and that if the location is deemed to be unsafe, the photographer can refuse to use the location and suggest an alternative. Children’s safety is always the first priority.
Have more questions?